At Gumption Design Co. we understand the importance of filling yourself up, and contributing to the world around you. We believe that good design, in business and in life is the key to creating a better world.
Over the past year I’ve been working on develop this business. I want to release the “business plan” to the public to keep me accountable and make it know that creating a business that you are passionate about, that helps the community, doesn’t impact the environment in a negative way is hard, but not impossible. I’ve got a long way to go but I’m really thankful for all the people who’ve helped get me here, and continue to be an inspiration to this journey of self exploration and the way I function within the world.
Gumption Design Co. creates craftsman-quality branding through sustainable, predictable, and imaginative design practices.
Our vision is to create a business where we enjoy what we do, and influence the people, businesses, and environment around us positively.
Quality and Customer Service: Provide the most value to service the client as possible
Creativity: Work in a way that inspires others and reinvents the wheel unnecessarily, but practically when necessary
Equity/Equality: All people are created equal and deserve equity in relation to their imbalances
Sustainability: Work in a sustainable manner: environmentally, communally, and in all business manners
Balance: Create balance through work that is visually impactful, not physically or mentally
Dynamism: Dynamism of a Cyclist by Umberto Bocciono comes to mind. Dynamism helps one work effectively in a way that can be fast when necessary, and slow when needed
Implementation of Values:
– Water and Electric Conservation at Home– Minimal Gas Emissions(avoiding excessive car usage)
– Weekends and self care time are protected, but that doesn’t mean we won’t get your work done on time
– Optimize/Simplify your workflow to promote a clean concious
- Encouraging flexible hours, divergent tasking, doodling, and side projects
– 10% discount to start up businesses– 10% discounts to BIPOC owned businesses– 10% discounts to LGBTQ+ owned businesses
– Provide for the customer at all costs, except the expense of physical or mental health